Re: [BUG] shell sessions started outside of Babel broken

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: [BUG] shell sessions started outside of Babel broken
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 21:23:08 -0800

> What is confusing is that `org-babel-execute-src-block' does not use
> generic `org-babel-initiate-session'.

I usually find myself confused whenever I am trying to remember
where org-babel-LANG-initiate-session is run and what it's doing...

In ob-shell's case, when I read the lisp code it seems like
org-babel-prompt-command would get called every time
org-babel-execute:shell runs (via org-babel-sh-initiate-session).

But that's not how the behavior seems when I use it, e.g. if using a
M-x shell session, the prompt isn't changed after executing a src
block.

Not sure what I'm missing...

> We may, however, allow an extra header arg to set the prompt regexp
> manually. Would it make sense?

It does feel a little confusing, but I don't have any better ideas at
the moment.

To clarify -- would the header arg be for setting
comint-prompt-regexp, org-babel-prompt-command, both, or something
else?