Re: [Bug] 'org-font-lock-extra-keywords' appear next to the parent headi

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [Bug] 'org-font-lock-extra-keywords' appear next to the parent heading when its subtree is folded.
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 18:25:16 +0000

Philipp Kiefer <phil.kiefer@gmail.com> writes:

> Here's what I did:
>
>  1. Downloaded org-cycle.el and org-fold-core.el via the link you sent
>  2. Verified those are the correct files (found the changes in the files
>     that were highlighted in green on the git page)
>  3. Copied both files over the ones in my
>     c:\Users\PK\Documents\emacs_config\.emacs.d\elpa\org-9.6.1\ folder
>  4. Restarted Emacs
>
> Yet, the issue still occurs in the sample file I sent you.
>
> Did I do something wrong?

You did not recompile Org.

You may try to set load-prefer-newer to t to force Emacs loading file
sources if they are modified after the compiled versions.

Or you may open org-fold-core.el manually and run M-x eval-buffer (just
for testing).

Or you may download Org from git
(https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/)

Or you may download Org from ELPA devel (http://elpa.gnu.org/devel/).