Re: extended background on org-block-end-line

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: extended background on org-block-end-line
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 02:26:42 +0000

Al Haji-Ali <abdo.haji.ali@gmail.com> writes:

> I'll admit this "bug" is not critical, but it is visually annoying (at least
> to me).
> When hiding an org entry, source blocks with extended backgrounds remain
> visible.
>
> To re-produce:
> 5. Notice how the background colour now appears next to "One".
>
> Is there a way to fix this? Note that if the org-block is not the last line
> in the entry (for example if there's an empty line before "* Two") then the
> visual artefact is not present.

Thanks for reporting!
Confirmed.

This is because Org keeps the last newline visible and Emacs apply
:extent t to that visible newline.

I do not think that we can do much about this on Org side.
I have redirected this bug report to Emacs devs.
See https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59141

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,