Re: Init.el need just for org-mode?

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Init.el need just for org-mode?
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 20:28:15 +0100

On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 06:45:36PM +0100, Renato Pontefice wrote:
> Maybe I’m not so skilled to emacs. I’ve found org-mode that do things that I
> find useful. I speak about init.el because I think this is the place where I
> can set some things to do with org-mode, i.e. Can I set deadline to view in
> emacs without org-mode?I’m simply looking for a good PIM that I can customize
> with a simple text file…

It's all the same. Emacs looks for an ~/.emacs and for ~/.emacs.d/init.el
They are just two alternatives with slightly different flavour, but the
same function. (But take into account that I have no clue how/where those
things live under Windows).

I'd propose to start with an empty ~/.emacs (or ~/.emacs.d/init.el) and
only put things in there when you are convinced that you need them. Otherwise
you'll never know for sure what they are doing.

Cheers