Re: Org ML integration with an existing Discourse instance

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Org ML integration with an existing Discourse instance
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 23:01:18 +0200

> The main question we need to answer is who is going to maintain that
> Discourse instance. AFAIU, Bastien is mainly concerned with the extra
> maintenance burden.

Not just this: I'm concerned with setting up a user-to-user discussion
space that reify a split between users (on a forum) and developers (on
the mailing list).

If a community-driven Discourse instance for Org emerges, that will be
a good thing: people could go there instead (or on top) of SO/reddit
if they don't want/like to interact on a mailing list.

If this instance is stable and useful enough and futur Org maintainers
feel like this should be advertized as forum.orgmode.org, they will be
able to do it of course.

--
 Bastien