Re: error org export to pdf when latex letter class has been added to or

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: error org export to pdf when latex letter class has been added to org-latex-classes
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 20:15:33 +0000

M. Pger writes:

> Thank you for your answer.
>
>> Are you including citations in your letter?
>
> No, that's also why it is puzzling. You should be able to reproduce
> the issue by creating a really minimalist init file including the
> following:
>
> ```
> (with-eval-after-load 'ox-latex
>   (add-to-list 'org-latex-classes '("letter" "\\documentclass{letter}"))
>   )
>
> (setq org-latex-pdf-process (list "latexmk -shell-escape -f -pdf %f"))
> ```
>
> As mentioned in my previous mail, the error also appears when using
> `pdflatex` instead of `latexmk`.

Hmm, it's weird. With your configuration I cannot reproduce the problem.
Anyway, I have Org configured so that it doesn't load any package in the
preamble.

And if you directly compile the .tex file generated by org during
export, does it also give you an error? Could you please paste the
preamble of that tex file here, up to the \begin{document}?

Best regards,

Juan Manuel