Re: Eshell automatically inserting spurious tabs

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Eshell automatically inserting spurious tabs
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 13:38:02 +0800

Alessandro Bertulli <alessandro.bertulli96@gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed that, when using eshell, sometimes Emacs inserts some non
> requested tabs. For instance, let's say I have:

Note that you are writing to the mailing list dedicate to Org mode. Your
issue does not appear relevant. You may have better luck asking
emacs-help mailing list, #emacs IRC, or /r/emacs reddit.

> Since it happens in some specific situations (like inside quotes) and it
> has a defined timeout (0.5 s), I'd say it's triggered by some Emacs
> mode. Can you help me in figuring out which one it's causing this, and
> how to remove it?

You may find https://github.com/Malabarba/elisp-bug-hunter package
useful to find out issues in your config.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Ihor