Re: [Patch] ob-tangle.el: New value 'ascii' for the header argument ':co

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [Patch] ob-tangle.el: New value 'ascii' for the header argument ':comments'
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 10:22:55 +0000

Hi, Rudolph,

Rudolf Adamkovič writes:

> Oh, I see.  Thank you for the explanation.  I can see myself using such
> new tangle comments all the time!  But then, I use UTF-8 and not the
> standard 7-bit ASCII for my Org documents.  Hence, I would want to see
> ':comments plain' or ':comments plain-text' instead.

What you comment makes sense, because `ascii' can lead to confusion. I
chose the term `ascii' because the backend used to convert the text is
called `ascii', although if I evaluate something like

(org-export-string-as "αβγδ" 'ascii t)

the result is utf8.

I think it might be a good idea to use `plain' for the value name, as
you say, instead of `ascii'...

Best regards,

Juan Manuel