Re: Org-attach for a directory

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Org-attach for a directory
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 10:27:03 +0000

On Wednesday,  8 Jun 2022 at 11:59, Cletip Cletip wrote:
> My question is in the object : can we attach a directory to a heading?

If you mean copying the directory and all of its contents, I imagine
not.  However, you can link to the directory if you wish by visiting the
directory using dired, say, and storing the link (org-store-link).  The
link can then be inserted wherever you wish using org-insert-link.
Alternatively, you could also tar or zip up the contents of the
directory and attach that.

> Subsidiary question:
> Can we use org-attach as a filesystem?

What is it you wish to do?  I do not understand this question.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.4-521-g1105da in Emacs 29.0.50