Re: *doc/org-manual.org: Fix the description for "Internal Link" in the

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: *doc/org-manual.org: Fix the description for "Internal Link" in the org-mode manual
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 14:13:30 +0800

Lin Sun <sunlin7@hotmail.com> writes:

> And changing the "CAPTION" to "PROPERTY" in the foot script, is it correctly?
> Thanks

Adding PROPERTY works by accident. (I am wondering what is the logic
behind this idea - there is no meaningful semantic meaning for PROPERTY
keyword in this context)

When you have

-------------
#+begin_src python :results table
  return 1
#+end_src

#+PROPERTY:
#+NAME: Test
#+RESULTS:
|1|

[[Test]]
-------------

The buffer AST is roughly the following (you can reproduce by calling
M-: (org-element-parse-buffer)):

(org-data (...) ...
 (src-block (...))
 (keyword (:key "PROPERTY" ...))
 (table (:name "Test" :results ""...))
 (paragraph (...)
  (link (<Test>...))))

When org-babel searches for results of evaluation, it is looking at the
immediate[1] element following the src-block. That element must have
:results property (because of #+RESUTLS: affiliated keyword).

When you add #+PROPERTY: line in front of the results, you are adding a
new keyword element right after the src-block (#+PROPERTY: is not an
allowed affiliated keyword and it is thus recognized as an independent
element). So, when org-babel tries to search and remove the results of
evaluation during export, it is not able to find any because the
following element is just a keyword, not an element with :results
property. Hence, your export appears to be "fixed".

Best,
Ihor

[1] Strictly speaking, not just immediate. When the src-block has :name
property, org-babel searches further for another following element with
the same :results property.