Re: [BUG] org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer [9.5.3 (9.5.3-g4dda0d

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer [9.5.3 (9.5.3-g4dda0d @ c:/Users/scott/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 12:59:43 +0800

Scott Otterson <scotto@sharpleaf.org> writes:

> With straight.el, it's Org mode version 9.5.3.
>
> If I open the file with emacs -Q, I'm surprised to see that I get a
> different warning message:
>
> File mode specification error: (void-variable org-fold-core-style)
>
> This is on emacs 28.1, which uses Org mode version 9.5.2

Clearly, something is strange on your side.
Does the same happens on other Org files with emacs -Q?
If not, is there anything like buffer-local of directory-local settings
that might trigger the error? (there should not be, unless you somehow
set them by yourself - Org should not touch these settings)

Best,
Ihor