Re: Ethical problems with MathJax as default - Was: Faulty SVG width

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Ethical problems with MathJax as default - Was: Faulty SVG width
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 00:12:02 -0400

In general, being free software does not automatically assure that the
program has no malicious features.

What it does is assure that the users can check the source code for
any malicious features, and fix any that are spotted.

  > I understand the problem, however I do not see why LibreJS could not
  > whitelist MathJax. It is a technical limitation of current LibreJS
  > implementation, not the problem of software freedom.

Perhaps it should do that.

I think we could use more help to maintain LibreJS.
Anyone who would like to help, please write to maintainers@gnu.org.