Re: [BUG] Questionmarks in org-agenda instead of file names [9.5.2 (9.5.

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Questionmarks in org-agenda instead of file names [9.5.2 (9.5.2-g3154c2 @ /Users/eugr/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:43:59 +0800

Eugene Rakhmatulin <eugr@eugr.com> writes:

> When any of the agenda files get updated outside of this instance of
> Emacs (e.g. another editor or in my case Emacs on another machine via a
> synced iCloud Drive folder), questionmarks are displayed instead of a
> file name. That does not always happen, but when it happens, the only
> way to get rid of the questionmarks is to go to the offending file buffer
> and
> run org-element-cache-reset on that buffer. Just rebuilding the agenda
> doesn't help, and even restarting Emacs doesn't help.
>
> After the cache is reset, everything works as expected.

Thanks for the report!

Can you try the following:
1. (setq org-element--cache-self-verify 'backtrace) in your init.el
   before loading org
2. Do whatever it takes to get question marks as category in agenda
3. Go to the problematic Org buffer and run
   M-: (org-element--cache-warn "Backtrace") <RET>
4. Send the contents of the warning message here.

Best,
Ihor