Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /

From: Christopher M. Miles
Subject: Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:29:38 +0800

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Christopher,
>
>> I suggest to keep current defaults. Because I have lot of Org files, if
>> changed, I have to do lot of
>> work to adopt files and might get wrong. It’s very important.
>
> Hmm. Upon inspection I see that some uses of `org-babel-results-keyword' are
> indeed case-sensitive. This comes as a surprise to me, as I thought that /all/
> keywords were parsed in a case-insensitive manner.
>
> Is there a good reason for this?
>
> At a glance, I’d personally be tempted to make the use case insensitive, and
> only use `org-babel-results-keyword' when inserting, or remove it all
> together.
>
> All the best,
> Timothy

Me too, I hope it can be case-insensitive, if org-mode internal has already
case-sensitive
processing. I suggest to keep one standard. I remember used to blocks like
~#+BEGIN_SRC~ etc are
uppercase by default. Latter changed into lowercase. Then I did a lot of work
to replace them. If we
need to use lowercase, I suggest to use them all. It might improve regexp
matching speed? Don't know......

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3