[FR] Expand functionality of org-hide-block-startup to add property draw

From: Kristoffer
Subject: [FR] Expand functionality of org-hide-block-startup to add property drawer support
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 20:16:46 +0100

Hello,

I recently came across the hideblocks and nohideblocks startup variables for per-file configuration of org-hide-block-startup in the manual at 2.8 Blocks. I got it to work by using a header argument, but I think this would really benefit from being able to be set through a property in a drawer as well. As far as I'm aware, that's already possible, but if any other startup argument is specified it is overruled even if not relevant.

I think it'd benefit from being able to overrule the header argument like other properties in drawers can. Such that when you have the startup argument set to something like show2levels you can also use hideblocks per-heading rather than the entire file. Personally, I have blocks I'd rather not hide by default, while others like example blocks that I'm completely fine with doing so.

It's kind of late here, but I hope I came across somewhat coherently.

Regards,
Kristoffer