setting export options in headline properties

From: Matt Price
Subject: setting export options in headline properties
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 14:52:29 -0400

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm reading the documentation properly, but my understnading is that I ought to be able to set export options as subtree properties, and that if I do so, they should be picked up by export engines when exporting subtrees.  However, that doesn't see to be happening for me, and from what I can tell, `org-export-get-environment` is not overriding global values when passed the `subtreep` parameter.

I tried the following with emacs -Q , which seems to confirm my issue. Is this the expected behaviour, and if so, is there some other way for me to set subtree-level export options?

--------------
** subtree
:PROPERTIES:
:SUBTITLE: testing
:REVEAL_TITLE_SLIDE: nil
:HTML_CONTAINER: section
:END:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(let ((info (org-export-get-environment 'html t)))
  (string-join `(,(plist-get info :subtitle) ,(plist-get info :html-container)) "\n")
  )
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: