org-cite: how to include a cite with no key?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: org-cite: how to include a cite with no key?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 13:02:45 -0400

In natbib there is \citetext{priv.\ comm.} which is used to add a textual citation to the bibliography that doesn't have a key associated with it.

I don't see a way to get something like that in org-cite, since it seems that a key is always required.

This isn't currently recognized as a cite, but something like this seems like a reasonable solution to me.

[cite/text:@ private communication]

John

Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F