Re: Comments break up a paragraph when writing one-setence-per-line

From: Maxim Nikulin
Subject: Re: Comments break up a paragraph when writing one-setence-per-line
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 15:21:39 +0700

On 16/07/2021 23:06, William Denton wrote:
#+begin_src org

In this paragraph I introduce an idea.
# Here is something I'm not sure about yet.
But I am sure about this.
And here is my conclusion.

#+end_src org

When this is exported, it becomes two paragraphs, as though the commented line was a blank line.  This was unexpected, because to me this is one paragraph with one sentence hidden.

People who write one-sentence-per-line, have you had this problem, and if so how did you handle it?

This is unexpected and inconvenient for me as well. However it may be considered consistent with

https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html#Paragraphs
Empty lines and other elements end paragraphs.

I do not write one-sentence-per-line, but I do not think it matters at all. As a workaround I can suggest the following hack

#+macro: comment

Another test
{{{comment(some text
)}}} with macro comment.