Re: Large source block causes org-mode to be unusable

From: Léo Ackermann
Subject: Re: Large source block causes org-mode to be unusable
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 13:20:38 +0200

Hi all,
Many thanks for those advices!

I am new to org-mode but, is there a reason why #+BEGIN_proof #+END_proof and other org-latex-special-block are treated as block ?
I mean; those #+... aim, as far as I understand, to give tips to org-export for prettier exports but nothing else (between those #+... you still need to write in org). I highlight that org-latex-special-block have nothing to do (in my point of view) with #+BEGIN_latex / #+END_latex that allow a user to insert some LaTeX within the document (e.g. Tikz pictures).
Therefore, it might a great idea to take #+BEGIN_proof & co into account only when it comes to export the document. The proofs/definitions/theorems will no longer be considered as block, and fast fontification may follow :)

What do you think of this ?

Best,
Leo

Le mar. 22 juin 2021 à 09:55, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> a écrit :
On Monday, 21 Jun 2021 at 14:36, John Hendy wrote:
> [...] or split the block into a number of more reasonably sized
> cells.

This is what I do in practice.  I then use noweb syntax to bring
everything together.  In my case, the long LaTeX blocks tend to be tikz
pictures.

Using (native) for org-highlight-latex-and-related also helps in most
cases.

For me, the remaining performance issue is working with big tables and
I've not found a solution to this.
--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.6-566-gf0198e
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096