Re: ox-taskjuggler scenarios

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: ox-taskjuggler scenarios
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 10:11:55 +1000

Hi David,

it has been many years since I last used taskjuggler from within org. I
recall when I did I had a similar issue to yours e.g. some valid task
juggler values could not be passed into task juggler from within org
mode.

Although my recollections is hazy, I seem to recall that when I looked
at the code, the ox-taskjuiggler.el code only accepted a subset of what
was valid input for taskjuggler. I ended up doing something similar to
you i.e. generated the export file and then modify it before generating
the taskjuggler artifacts.

>From memory, it looked like it would be fairly easy to modify the
taskjuggler elisp code to add additional support/integration, but my
requirements moved on and I stopped needing to use taskjuggler, so never
got around to it.

I do recall sending emails to the ox-taskjuggler.el author, but did not
get any response.

My guess is that ox-taskjuggler.el is currently lacking an active
maintainer. Bastien can probably clarify, but I would consider just
modifying the code to add the missing functionality you need and posting
some patches. Maybe someone can take on the maintenance, but until that
happens, I would consider ox-taskjuggler.el to be a basic starting point
which you can modify for your needs (it is part of the contrib packages
and not core org).

--
Tim Cross