Re: literate programming, development log -- ideas?

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: literate programming, development log -- ideas?
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 12:00:17 +0000

Hi Greg,

Greg Minshall writes:

> but i also feel a need for something that might be called a lab
> notebook, a development log, of ideas, including dead ends, i pursue
> during the development process, with links, etc..  but, i'm not really
> sure how to structure this bit, how to integrate it in the rest of the
> .org file -- i.e., as a separate heading, or related to the code section
> that (originally) was under development when the notes were created.
> or...?  etc.

I use `org-add-note' a lot, in a wide variety of scenarios. According to their
docstring:

"Add a note to the current entry.
This is done in the same way as adding a state change note."

And I've set (setq org-log-into-drawer t)

On the other hand, maybe you can find interesting the org-marginalia package:
(https://github.com/nobiot/org-marginalia).

Best regards,

Juan Manuel