Re: [wip-cite-new] Adjust punctuation around citations

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Adjust punctuation around citations
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 17:38:30 -0400

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 5:29 PM Denis Maier
<denis.maier.lists@mailbox.org> wrote:

> There's only one further complication: if the quotation is a set off
> block quote, the citation comes after the punctuation mark:
> This is a complete sentence. (author year)

I've not seen that with the cases I'm familiar with (US and UK English).

The citation would just be inside the final period of the blockquote,
so depending on style class:

- ... ending of blockquote (Doe, 2019).
- ... ending of blockquote [doe19].
- ... ending of blockquote.[1]

So there would be need for any special handling.

I mean blockquotes don't normally include quotation marks around them.

Can you clarify the rule/situation that would use that approach?

Bruce