Re: Custom link type that attaches file in :follow

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Custom link type that attaches file in :follow
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 11:52:48 +0200

Hello,

Tarjei Bærland writes:

> Something seems to go wrong during the export, however, where a new
> attachment directory is created. Is my assumption that the export will
> run with =point= at the link incorrect?

Yes, this assumption is incorrect. The export process operates on
a parse tree, and doesn't need to move point at all. Current buffer is
not even the original buffer.

You may use hooks that are run before parsing happens, i.e.,
`org-export-before-parsing-hook' and `org-export-before-processing-hook.
I didn't look at your export function, so take my advice with a grain of
salt.

Nicolas Goaziou