"#+STARTUP: hideblocks" has no effect?

From: autofrettage
Subject: "#+STARTUP: hideblocks" has no effect?
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 13:10:12 +0000

Hi,

I recently read about the #+STARTUP parameter "hideblocks", but it doesn't seem
to have any effect in my set-up. All the blocks kept laughing straight in my
face. :-(

Any ideas about what could have gone wrong?

I use Org Mode 9.4.5 with Emacs 26.3, and I also tried closing the file and
Emacs before I tried.

Cheers
Rasmus

p.s. Setting org-hide-block-startup with local variables is a solution, but not
as nice as doing it with #+STARTUP, I'd say.