Changing the environment before calling source block?

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Changing the environment before calling source block?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 15:59:37 +0100

Hi,

I have multiple versions of each of various languages such as Python
or R.  On the command line I can select a version using the 'module'[1]
mechanism provided by Lmod[2]:

  module load Python/2.7.18-GCCcore-9.3.0

or

  module load Python/3.8.6-GCCcore-10.2.0

This 'module' mechanism basically just provides a sane way to tweak and
untweak environment variables.

My question is: How do I change the environment, ideally call 'module
load ...' but potentially just set environment variables, before calling
a source block?

Cheers,

Loris

Footnotes: