Re: content management in emacs

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: Re: content management in emacs
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 20:16:19 +0100

    Ian> Hi Bob,

    Ian> How do you send mail to mailing lists with BBDB?  Do you use a

I am not sure about the question. If I send to an email list, it's an
address in BBDB. So I ``invoke'' BBDB (M-x bbdb) and give it the name of
the entry (say org-mode). That's analogous to send to a person: If you
remember the name (or part of the name), you find the entry, send then
compose an email ("m") on the entry.

Tab-completion may help.

If the question is: how do I send an email to all members of my chess
club or drinking buddies? If you have added some field to persons of
that circle (like "bridgeclub" or "drinkingbuddy", then you invoke bbdb
with that match, and then there is a possibility to send an email to
/all/ members of a matching list.

For phoning, I am not sure. I think there is (or was) a functionality to
initiate a call (probably with skype or ekiga or some such) but I never
used that.

Basically, for phoning, for me it's more like a rolodex, but a fast and
big one

Martin