Re: [QUESTION] Org "customid" and "coderef" links seems not fontified as

From: miles christopher
Subject: Re: [QUESTION] Org "customid" and "coderef" links seems not fontified as other file: link
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 04:37:02 +0000

> Hello,
>
> stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Bump this thread, hi, Nicolas, any thoughts or update about this?
>>
>> stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I have following minimal testing code:
>>>
>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>> (defun org-link-beautify (start end path bracketp)
>>>   "Display icon for the Org link type."
>>>   (message
>>>    (format "start: %s, end: %s, path: %s, bracketp: %s" start end path
>>> bracketp)))
>>>
>>> (dolist (link-type (mapcar 'car org-link-parameters))
>>>     (org-link-set-parameters link-type :activate-func #'org-link-beautify))
>>> #+end_src
>>>
>>> The ~message~ does not print parameter values at all. I guess those
>>> "customid"
>>> [[#Usage] and "coderef" (coderef) are different with "file:" etc links. Is
>>> this
>>> true?
>
> That's correct. coderef, customid, and fuzzy links are internal links.
> They are not really customizable. They are meant to behave the same in
> all Org documents.
>
>>> Here is my complete source code I want to try fontify customid and coderef
>>> links.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/stardiviner/org-link-beautify/blob/master/org-link-beautify.el#L67
>>>
>>> Is there any way to fix this problem?
>
> Coderef and custom-id links are fontified, so you may still change their
> appearance using font-lock configuration variables. Here be dragons.
>
> Regards,

I see, I searched some font-lock example code, but have not found any example
about font-lock + text-property. (Maybe my searching words is not good
enough...) How to write it? Do you got any hints? Thanks for your helping.

By the way I got an issue that org-link-beautify conflict with yasnippet[fn:1].
I know the key point is how Org Mode fontify the link. I tried to read code, but
have not found hint about how to disable fontify on link temporary. Can you give
some suggestion about this problem? Thanks too.

[fn:1] https://github.com/stardiviner/org-link-beautify/issues/5

[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3