Re: recursive load org-duration Error

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: recursive load org-duration Error
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 05:38:52 GMT

Mario Bourgoin writes:

> I recently started to use org mode efforts encoded as durations. I began
> getting the error "recursive load org-duration" after I customized
> "org-duration-units" by using "m" for the minutes units and "mon" for the
> months units, restarted Emacs, and asked for the agenda with "C-c a a".
>
> I found that a workaround to this problem is to put "(require
> 'org-duration)" in my .emacs before the customizations are loaded:
[...]

Thanks for the detailed report.  I can trigger the issue with

  (custom-set-variables
   '(org-duration-units
     '(("min" . 1)
       ("h" . 60)
       ("d" . 1440)
       ("w" . 10080)
       ("m" . 43200)
       ("y" . 525960.0))))

  ;; This...
  (require 'org-duration)
  ;; or anything else the triggers a load of org-duration, e.g.
  ;; (org-duration-to-minutes "3m")

> Would you please let me know when this bug is fixed? I would also
> appreciate finding out how the bug was fixed.

It's fixed on the maint branch.  See
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/273391c978d2e9759a9a389bf5d5eb9b03b8fe98