Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

From: Maxim Nikulin
Subject: Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 21:04:19 +0700

2020-11-08 Jean Louis wrote:
That is right, I am using it since years in ~/.mailcap that works well
for mutt email client.

text/org;       emacsclient %s; nametemplate=%s.org;
text/x-org;     emacsclient %s; nametemplate=%s.org;

Just for curiosity, couldn't it lead to execution of arbitrary code placed into elisp table expressions, some macro, etc.? I have not convinced myself that just opening of a file (without executing of src blocks) is safe enough and there no dangerous #+startup options or other tricks. Emacs is too powerful and too flexible...