Re: Reply-All noise

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Reply-All noise
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 08:32:59 +1100

> On Sunday, 11 Oct 2020 at 16:35, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
>> From my point of view mailinglists and web-forums are a step back in
>> usability and efficiency.
>
> On this, we can definitely agree!  Newsgroups are still the best way to
> have these types of conversations.
>
>> But there is just one exception (just IMO): StackExchange e.g.
>> StackOverflow. ;)
>
> But here I disagree: I hate using the browser for anything other than
> reading or banking.  But that's me.

I am the same. One thing I do which has reduced the pain is to use the
'Edit with Emacs' Chrome extension. At least now, when I'm required to
provide text input, I can do so from within Emacs.

There is also an Emacs mode for stackOverflow/stackExchange sites. I've
not used it for a while, but it wasn't too bad and would allow you to do
your SO searching/browsing/replying from within Emacs. Main drawback was
the auth2 stuff - you have to use the web browser to get a login token.

I do miss the old newsgroups. I use to very much enjoy starting my day
with a Gnus+NNTP session! I've never gotten use to the whole IM stuff
and things like slack, but I never really got into IRC either.

Tim

--
Tim Cross