Re: Website revamp?

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Website revamp?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 15:20:45 +0200

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 09:00:28PM +0800, TEC wrote:
> As before, generally interested in thoughts on the idea :)

My feedback is that personally I don't care about trendy web pages. I agree with
you that adding JS to simple pages makes them horrible.

I would suggest though if you can use an Org-based html theme to improve the
site, that might be useful. It's always nice to be able to self-create instead
of using other tools.

I recently tried a read-the-docs theme exported from Org and found it very nice,
and nearly zero difficulty to integrate. That surprised me.

Getting an Org site theme into core that'd do that, and make the website export
from that template could be a good idea. Or if it's already done (I beg
ignorance), perhaps updating that template could be a good use of your time?