Re: issue tracker?

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: issue tracker?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 14:17:24 -0500

Detlef Steuer <address@hidden> writes:

> How to add more now? Same here. Mail is functionally superior to a lot
> of modern solutions.
>
> A Bugtracker you do not use on a regular basis often is a horrible time sink.
> Plus, most of the time you need just another account for a site you
> never wanted an account on.
>
> Furthermore many of the discussions on this list wouldn't have happend,
> if the first post went into a bugtracker.
>
> I would go as far as saying *this list* is one of the fastest reacting
> amd friendliest communities I have been part of. The job Nicolas does is
> just awesome.
>
> That leads to the next point: If Nicolas decided *he* would love to work
> with a bugtracker, I would not complain and open an account.
> As it is now, anything that's not in the best interest of our benevolent
> developer, should not even be considered :-)

I agree wholeheartedly with everything Detlef says here. Due to life
circumstances, I have only been able to participate intermittently on
the mailing list over the past 10 years. But I have happily used Org
during that time, and I love that that this ML has been a constant in
the Org Mode community, even as countless other tech fads have come and
gone.

Matt