Re: A small idea to simplify (further) time input in the date/time promp

From: Robert Horn
Subject: Re: A small idea to simplify (further) time input in the date/time prompt
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 16:09:26 -0400

Gustavo Barros writes:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I do appreciate your arguments.  But in reading them, I'd like to
> emphasize that I'm not in any way suggesting the timestamps be changed
> at all.  The suggestion regards exclusively adding and extra way to
> input such times in the date/time prompt.  And one which I feel is

In this context I don't mind, it's the timestamp storage that shouldn't
change.  I lost that detail in the mail trace.  It's something to make
clear and will likely cause confusion among users too.

Detlef,

the dot notation is from DIN 1355 and DIN 5008.  It was changed to use
colons in 1995 to match ISO 8601.  There are still many traditionalists
and old documents.  Look for phrases like "6.30 Uhr" in old documents.
You will find a lot like that.  I didn't like the dot notation and agreed
with the 1995 change, but it's still a reality.

--
Robert Horn
address@hidden