Re: [bug] error on RET in read-only buffer with org-return-follows-link

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: [bug] error on RET in read-only buffer with org-return-follows-link set to t
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 23:57:31 +0200

> Hello,
>
> Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> with `org-return-follows-link` set to `t` in a read-only
>> buffer I now get a `Buffer is read-only: #<buffer
>> notmuch-startpage.org>` error when pressing ENTER/RETURN
>> with point on an org-mode link.
>
> Fixed. Thank you.

Thanks for fixing this Nicolas, and for adding a unit test.

Shouldn't the call to org-return be wrapped in (call-interactively …)
though?  Since the problem was with the interactive spec, org-return
will work (i.e. follow links) in read-only buffers if called
programmatically, so the test will fail to catch a regression if I'm not
mistaken.

IOW: if I revert the fix, the new test still passes.