Re: Can't turn off hide-stars

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: Re: Can't turn off hide-stars
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 16:07:35 -0500

I've found a way to side-step this issue by simply evaluating (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil). From then on any formatting is just spaces and the shifting doesn't occur. Still, this is odd behavior.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 3:26 PM Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> wrote:
Changing my theme didn't help. The foreground-color of hide-face is set to the background color of my theme. What I suspect the problem is is the spaces and tabs used by sml-mode for indentations. I don't think other languages use a mix of spaces and tabs. They use just spaces. Is there a way to convert every tab to its size in spaces?

You've said:

> I can't find where orgmode is suppressing the display of leading asterisks of headings.

The asterisks being displayed/hidden is controlled by 'org-hide' face. Run "M-x describe-face org-hide RET" and see what the foreground of that face is set to. Alternatively, you can try switching to another theme and see if that makes any difference.