Re: ox-confluence.el: omit radio target links (that end up being dead li

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: ox-confluence.el: omit radio target links (that end up being dead links)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 19:19:43 +0100

Hi,

* Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:

> As stated on [1] I do have an issue with export to Confluence markup
> via org-mode/contrib/lisp/ox-confluence.el and radio targets[2].
>
> When I am using a snippet like:
>
>| - <<foo bar>> :: this is the explanation to this weird term
>|
>|   [...]
>|
>|   Please respect the foo bar everyhere.
>
> ... it gets exported like that:
>
>| - *foo bar* - this is the explanation to this weird term
>|
>|   [...]
>|
>|   Please respect the [foo bar|foo bar] everyhere.
>
> These "[foo bar|foo bar]" snippets are then interpreted by
> Confluence as links to the Confluence pages named "foo bar" which
> usually don't exist.
>
> I think it would be a good improvement to ignore radio links in the
> ox-confluence output.

Meanwhile, somebody posted a fix on [1]:

(defun export-radio-links-as-plain-text (link desc info)
  (when (string= "radio" (org-element-property :type link))
    desc))

(advice-add #'org-confluence-link :before-until
            #'export-radio-links-as-plain-text)

Maybe this is a good idea to include this in the official source code?

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/