Re: org-link containing square brackets

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: org-link containing square brackets
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:48:21 +0000

On Tuesday, 10 Mar 2020 at 13:33, Joseph Vidal-Rosset wrote:
> I wonder more and more if gnus in imap is the adequate tool to keep
> tracks of email via org-mode links. All opinions of this topic are
> welcome, of course, because I have to take a decision: to gnus or not
> to gnus... :)

The real question is to Google or not to Google.

I recently moved away from Google (due to the insanity that is Brexit
and losing the GDPR protection) for all of my personal email and will
continue to use gnus as it's the best MUA bar none.  Google does not
really grok IMAP.  Go for a standards based provider and, arguably, one
that you pay for explicitly (as opposed to implicitly as you do for
Google's gmail).

Just my 2ยข.

And, to keep this on-topic, with a proper IMAP provider, org links to
emails work just fine.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.3.6-354-g9d5880