Re: ob-python.el: questions about output

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: ob-python.el: questions about output
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 20:52:08 -0800

Hi RC,

R C <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. Is it possible to have both types of output displayed from a single src
> block to avoid having to duplicate the src block, using :exports results
> for one and :exports both for the other?

No, there's no option to output both ":results output" and ":results value".

If you want both output and value results, and want to avoid executing
the same code twice, you could consider using a pair of ":session"
blocks, for example:

#+begin_src python :session session1 :results output
print("Block that does some computations")
x = 1+1
#+end_src

#+begin_src python :session session1 :results output
#+end_src

> 2. Is there an option to suppress export of the the last line of the src
> block which is specific to the ob-python implementation.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you give an example of what
the observed and desired behaviors are?