Re: [BUG] Infinite loop in org-agenda-show-new-time

From: Andrew Hyatt
Subject: Re: [BUG] Infinite loop in org-agenda-show-new-time
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 14:25:44 -0500

I've tried the latest version from Feb 2nd, and it still has the same issue.

After some more time with the issue, the issue is when the agenda has items A, and next line, invisibily (due to org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks), B.  Trying to set A gets you into an invisible loop because moving to the start of the line after displaying the time in org-agenda-show-new-time doesn't take you far enough back to proceed backwards.  The next iteration through the loop, the time will be re-displayed.

Removing the (beginning-of-line 1) at the end of the time display code in that function, and substituting (org-agenda-previous-line) seems to fix it.  I'm not sure if that's the right approach - the previous code didn't use that function for a reason, but I don't know what that reason was.