Re: Bug: Custom TODO fields not rendered when preceded by priority [9.1.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Bug: Custom TODO fields not rendered when preceded by priority [9.1.14 (9.1.14-9-g131531-elpaplus @ /Users/michaeldickens/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181217/)]
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2020 08:42:01 +0100

Hi Michael,

Michael Dickens <address@hidden> writes:

> You could argue that this is expected behavior and the priority
> should go after the to-do state, but IMO it should work either way
> because it can still be unambiguously parsed.

Org sets a few syntactic rules, the position of the priority cookie
right _after_ the TODO keyword is one of them which we don't want to
change, as it makes it easier for everyone to read Org files.

Well, because a different syntax can be unambiguously parsed does not
mean we should use this different syntax.

Best,

--
 Bastien