Re: excluding noweb references completely from exports

From: David Bremner
Subject: Re: excluding noweb references completely from exports
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 06:27:36 -0400

"Fraga, Eric" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Saturday,  4 Jan 2020 at 14:15, David Bremner wrote:
>> Any better ideas for how to do this? In case it's not clear, I want
>> include files in my tangled output that don't show in the beamer
>> export.
>
> Export and tangling are orthogonal to each other and are controlled
> independently by their respectively keywords in the src header
> lines.  In other words, I am not sure I understand what one has to do
> with the other.
>
> Would you please give an example that does not work the way you want it?

The attached exports with a blank line after the comment, which I don't
want. The comment is just added to highlight the problem, so normally
the blank line is at the beginning of the exported code block.

#+STARTUP: beamer
#+PROPERTY: header-args :noweb strip-export :shebang "#lang plait" :tangle-mode
(identity #o644)
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{listings}

* A frame
#+BEGIN_SRC scheme :tangle tangled.rkt
; there is a blank line after this comment
<<include/animal-type.rkt>>
(Snake? (Snake 'Slimey 10 'rats)) ; => #t
(Snake? (Tiger 'Tony 12)) ; => #t
#+END_SRC

#+NAME: include/animal-type.rkt
#+BEGIN_SRC scheme :export none
(define-type Animal
  [Snake   (name : Symbol) (weight : Number) (food : Symbol)]
  [Tiger   (name : Symbol) (weight : Number)])

#+END_SRC