RE: [Idea] Org Collections

From: Gustav Wikström
Subject: RE: [Idea] Org Collections
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 12:06:11 +0000

Hi,

Yeah, I'm a Org brain user. In my mind the collections and the active
collection would ideally be what the Org brain would operate on.

> >> Did you think about the specific UI of aspects management?
> >> Proposal of UI I particularly like:
> >> - Mu4E
> >> - forge/magit
> >
> > Not really.. Except I agree with you on magit. The other I haven't used.
>
> Mu4E is a major mode for managing e-mails using the mu index. it provides
> a main view with bookmarks and entries to perform searches and composing
> message, among othe thing, but what I find more useful are the header
> view, which displays a multi-columns list of e-mails with associated meta-
> data and a message view allowing to view the content of an e-mail. The
> header view allows for bulk actions while the message view act, obiously,
> on the current message and permit replying and transfering the current e-
> mail.

Ah ok, thanks for the description! I think a UI for collections still
is quite far away. This is a hobby project after all and it may take
quite some time before anything useful is created. But it's good with
some pointers to inspirational material!

Regards,
Gustav