Re: Bug: org-tempo expansion comments out the following src block when o

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: Bug: org-tempo expansion comments out the following src block when org-src-tabs-natively is 't [9.3 (release_9.3 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 01:15:43 +0000

> On Dec 18, 2019, at 5:07 AM, Ihor Radchenko <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Recipe:
>
> 1. emacs -Q
> 2. Execute the following lisp code:
>
> (setq org-src-tab-acts-natively t)
> (require 'org-tempo)

I did not need to add this line to confirm the behavior:

> (push (cons "el" "src emacs-lisp") org-structure-template-alist)
>
> 3. Create the following org file:
>
> <point>
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> #+end_src
>
> 4. Put the point before the code block
>
> 5.1. Type <s TAB
>
> Observed behaviour:
>
> #+begin_src
>

> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> #+end_src

Right. The issue seems to be that `org-tempo-add-block' puts  `>' elements in
its recipe for converting  `org-structure-template-alist' to
`tempo-org-template-*' values.

Those are innocuous when `org-src-tab-acts-natively' is nil.

But when `org-src-tab-acts-natively' is `t', an attempt is made to indent
within the src block, which I guess is where the trouble lies as an error
occurs which prevents the remainder of the template from being inserted.

If you really need `<s', then this is a problem (and a bug).

You might use `C-c C-,' as long as you have no other templates defined.

HTH,

Chuck