Re: <s TAB not expanding

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: <s TAB not expanding
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 19:15:24 +0100

Tim Visher <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 4:14 AM Marco Wahl <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Justin Vallon <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > When I use "emacs --no-init-file", I get the default distribution org
>> > packages, and "<s" TAB expands to "#+BEGIN_SRC\n#+END_SRC\n".  However,
>> > in my downloaded-melpa-install of org, it does not work.
>> >
>> > Distro org-version is 9.1.9, melpa is 9.3.  describe-key TAB shows
>> > org-cycle, which is a kitchen-sink function.  The docs of the function
>> > has not changed between the versions.
>> >
>> > I believe "<s" TAB worked in a melpa version before 9.3 (maybe 9.2.6),
>> > but I don't have any version besides 9.3 in ~/.emacs.d/elpa.
>>
>> Possibly you want to switch to the new feature (accessible C-c C-,)
>> which BTW allows to wrap regions.
>>
>> The "<s" TAB mechanism is still available but you need to enable it.
>> See the documentation in section Structure Templates.
>>

> What feature are you referring to, Marco? My `C-c C-,` sets the heading
> priority.

This is a reference to the feature announced in ORG-NEWS
e.g. https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/etc/ORG-NEWS.

    Org 9.2 comes with a new template expansion mechanism, combining
    ~org-insert-structure-template~ bound to ~C-c C-,~.

And also the feature is described in the info documentation in section
"Structure Templates".

Possibly you have defined your personal "C-c C-," Tim?

HTH