Re: how to highlight the background of my current paragraph?

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: how to highlight the background of my current paragraph?
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 16:22:35 +0000

On Thursday, 31 Oct 2019 at 17:10, Diego Zamboni wrote:
> Eric: I made a slight improvement to your code (see the =setq e=) so that
> the empty space at the end of the line gets highlighted as in the default
> behavior instead of only highlighting the part of the line that contains
> text:

Thanks for this.

Interesting effect.  I had to add ":extend t" to the hl-line face (which
I customized a long time ago now) to get the extension to the end of the
window.  However, although the background colour now goes to the end,
other effects do not (underline and overline).  Something for the Emacs
development mailing list where I know there has been quite a bit of
discussion on the :extend feature.

Thanks again,
eric

PS - I've removed Sharon from the CC list given our hijacking of the thread! :-)

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.6-552-g8c5a78