Re: [O] Help with "macro"

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: Re: [O] Help with "macro"
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 15:04:56 -0400

I'm getting there - I found

(org-element-property :PROJ (org-element-at-point)) from a regular org-mode file -
now I just need to jump there from the agenda.

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:18 PM Nathan Neff <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to implement a function to display the TODO items of the currently highlighted
item in the agenda and have a few questions:

Goal:

1) From the agenda, place the cursor on a heading.
2) Press a key and instantly narrow the agenda to the heading which the cursor is on.
3) Display org-todo-list for the "narrowed" item in a new buffer, with the name "agenda for <heading name>" or perhaps "agenda for <property "PROP" of the narrowed item"
4) Keep the existing original agenda view (using sticky or some other tactic).

Here's what I have so far:
(defun njn-show-tasks-for-project()
   (interactive)
   ;; (setq preval org-agenda-sticky)
   ;; (message "preval is: ")
   (call-interactively 'org-agenda-set-restriction-lock-from-agenda)
   ;; (org-toggle-sticky-agenda 't)
   (setq org-agenda-buffer-name "JarJarBarBar")
   (call-interactively 'org-todo-list)
   ;; (org-toggle-sticky-agenda preval)
)

This works, but my original agenda view is updated to be restricted.
 I've been tinkering with the "sticky" view for the agenda.  Also, I would
like to set the name of the new buffer to either the heading which my cursor
is on in the agenda, or perhaps a property of the heading which my cursor is
on in the agenda.

As you can see, I tried to set a "preval" variable to the current stickiness of the agenda
and then reset the value after calling org-todo-list, but this has not worked out for me so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Nate