Re: [O] getting access to a self-invented option?

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] getting access to a self-invented option?
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 11:36:11 -0400

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 1:42 PM Berry, Charles <address@hidden> wrote:
Matt,

This seems like a good use case for a `derived-backend'.

You can use  `org-export-define-derived-backend' with 'hugo as the parent, define a :menu-entry to add an export action for your custom export to the hugo menu using '?m' (say) as the key.

Then

        C-c C-e H m

will export using your custom variant of hugo.

:-) I'm trying to use the variable to determine whether I export with hugo or with my hugo-reveal franken-backend: https://github.com/titaniumbones/ox-huveal . So my preference is to evaluate the variable BEFORE export begins.

I guess another option is to just set a buffer-local variable in the file, or use #+FILETAGS: and hack htings that way. I'm not sure what the most sustainable & org-like method relaly is...

HTH,

Chuck