Re: [O] patch: adding split-window-right option for src block editing

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] patch: adding split-window-right option for src block editing
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 12:02:04 +0200

Hello,

"Fraga, Eric" <address@hidden> writes:

> most of my work now involves using quite large wide monitors and having
> the editing of src blocks open windows below is less convenient than
> splitting horizontally.  I have added the option to split
> horizontally.  See attached patch.

Thank you. Could you provide an entry in ORG-NEWS, too?

> However, ideally, I would like the option to specify a function as
> context matters: sometimes a vertical split is better, sometimes
> not.  But implementing this was beyond my emacs-fu.

Allowing one to use a function is easy. It entails one additional value
in the defcustom, and one case in `org-src-switch-to-buffer':

  ((pred functionp) (funcall org-src-window-setup))

probably near the end since some symbols also are function names (e.g.,
`other-frame').

Implementing an interesting function is harder, but not necessary for
Org for the time being.

Nicolas Goaziou