Re: [O] Equivalent of timeline?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Equivalent of timeline?
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 15:53:11 +0800

On June 29, 2019 06:45:51 Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:

i was going to code the following, and documented it first,
but cannot code it.  maybe it
will be of smoe use in thinking about the problem.

Sure, those are good tips. Much appreciated! I don't mind taking it from there (though I probably can't do it quickly). I think my need in this case is simpler than yours -- I won't have multiple timestamps per outline node.

i think timeline (L) was retired from org because it
code-rotted as org developed new features, and it only
supported one file, which goes against org's sylvan (forest)
philosophy.

Sure -- features get dropped for legitimate reasons, but that always causes some user pain, too. Might have been nice to document an alternative rather than just making it a lot harder. (I don't really care if it's specifically "timeline" or something else, but I also don't think it should require a dive into the API to do something that had been easy.)

hjh

Sent with AquaMail for Android
https://www.mobisystems.com/aqua-mail