Long time org user and I would like to hear how other
people accomplish the capturing of log entries in the context
of a currently clocked task.
I am clocked into * Task A. I have something about Task A
that I want to log. Let's say "Ran into some problem and wasted
I do not want to simply capture this to an "inbox" for later refiling. I don't
really want to capture it to a Journal file, either - I know exactly where the
note should be (it should IMHO be under the currently clocked item in
a subheading "* Log" or in the LOGBOOK drawer of the currently clocked item)
- I know there's a capture template (clock) and item to capture a list item to the currently clocked
- I know there's C-c C-z to capture to the LOGBOOK drawer of the heading that
my cursor is on.
- I know there's a way to jump to the currently clocked item, so I could jump to the
currently clocked item, press C-c C-z and then try to use C-c & to jump back - however
I can't get C-c & to jump back.
- This request also seems like it should be possible using a capture template, but I can't
figure out how.
- I would like to combine the two destinations and capture an item with an inactive
timestamp to the LOGBOOK entry of the currently clocked item
- Optimally, I would like the text of the log entry to show up in the agenda (but that's
a tall order, and I'm okay with seeing the headline which the LOGBOOK entry resides
- Can I capture to a subheading of the currently clocked item? I've tried this using (clock) and
headline in the capture template, but the capture template keeps adding new "* Log" subheadings.
Any suggestions? Or, is this request something that should / could be done a
different logical way?